A dynamic and growing global investment NGO is looking for an Investment Engagement Manager to work on various Environmental projects on an interim basis for 6 months initially, with a view to go permanent.
The team that the successful candidate will join is responsible for coordinating collaborative investor engagement activities on environmental, social and governance issues with investee companies and policymakers.This role will proactively develop,support, coordinate and facilitate a number of signatory collaborations on key environmental themes including: hydraulic fracturing, developing sustainable palm oil and issues surrounding water risk in supply chains.
The successful incumbent will:
- Coordinate and project manage activities (workshops, meetings, conference calls, progress tracking, monitoring developments etc.) of existing investor engagement groups on designated environmental projects
- Facilitate group meetings to agree on core areas of focus and project objectives, ensuring the direction and development of each project is inline with different stakeholders core objectives
- Carry out and communicate in depth research in to policies, governance and legislation within the specific projects
- Promote stakeholder collaboration, including developing online events and seminars for signatories and investment managers alike
- Supervise assistants on engagements focussed on environmental issues
The successful candidate will be degree educated in a related field, with a specific focus ideally on water or carbon management, the issues around palm oil or on climate change. Ideally you will have previous experience of working in an investment firm, along with having excellent project management skills and the ability to engage with all levels of stakeholder.